Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Papaya & Banana Yogurt Smoothie





















The problem with making smoothies at home is crushing the ice. If you have a serious, semi-professional blender, it's a different story. My consumer-grade six-plus year old blender can't handle rock-hard ice cubes. When I tried, it felt like my blender would break before the ice would break. My solution was to use frozen bananas. Frozen bananas are not as hard as ice cubes and give the drink a smoothie-like texture. And of course, it tastes great. Bananas don't have that much flavor, so you'll want to add a second fruit. I happened to have a ripe papaya looking for a drink to hop in to, and I'm sure strawberries or raspberries would work nicely also. This quick and easy smoothie is perfect for a summer breakfast. It's always nice to start the day off healthy.


Papaya & Banana Yogurt Smoothi Print Recipe

QuantityIngredients
1frozen banana, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cupcubed papaya
1/2 cupyogurt
1/2 cupsoy milk or regular milk

Directions
  1. Put all ingredients in the blender. Process until everything is liquified.

Serves 2

0 comments: